In the News
Thanks for checking out the SAPP website! These are some recent articles and news stories about our mission and what we’re trying to accomplish.
- December 12, 2011. Lighting the way: Anita and Prabha Kant Sinha lead cultural shift in charitable scene, Crain’s Chicago Business (quoting Sharmila on the increase in South Asian philanthropy).
- April 5-7, 2011. Rashi Khilnani, Indo-Canadian Report on Radio Canada International (Archana interviewed for a three-part series on Indian and Indo-Canadian philanthropy): Indian philanthropists encouraged to give more; Philanthropy in India AND with Indo Canadians; Fundraisers warm up to Indo-Canadian philanthropists.
- July 28, 2010. Interview as a part of the More Donors blog’s “Be Our Guest” feature.
- January 16, 2010. Interview with MASALA CANADA with Wojtek Gwiazda of Radio Canada International (Archana on SAPP and relief efforts in Haiti).
- October 26, 2009. Sarita Venkat, “Diversity in Grantmaking,” Thought>Action>Impact, an e-journal of Philanthropic Ideas.
- May 15, 2009. Richard Springer, “Harvard Grads Launch Philanthropy Website,” India-West.
- March 29, 2009. Arun Venugopal, “Blogs: The South Asian Philanthropy Project (Q&A),” SAJA Forum of the South Asian Journalists Association.
- February 4, 2009. Peter Panepento, “Getting Asian Americans to Give More to Charity,” Give & Take at the Chronicle of Philanthropy.
- November 25, 2008. Sudhir Venkatesh, “What should South Asians do with their wealth?“ Freakonomics at NYTimes.com.
- November 2008. Lauren Dzubow, “Tomorrow’s Leaders,” O, The Oprah Magazine Extras.